Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where did THAT one come from???


I recieved a comment to a post in another of my blogs that has me going "say what?". Here it is as follows:

gmc said...

dear debi,
it was funny to read your autoportait as goobergirl but are your sure that such a wonderful girl like you need to be a warrior only interested by wars for nothing existing in this world (truth, justice and the american way); is it not for thoses reasons (instead of basically controlling oil resources) that everyday american soldiers are dying in iraq?
truth and justice are not parts of the american way; the american way is "in greed we trust"
snowing kisses from france! 7:02 AM

*BLINK*BLINK*

So, I go to his blog to explain (which i'm now almost-kinda-maybe-sorta-outta the mood to do NOR do I think I have to) and it's in French! Sheesh! And I took Spanish in school instead! *Shaking head*.

Ok, so gmc, if you come back to read my blog again, listen carefully ...

First off, I thank you very kindly for visiting my blog and greetings to France !!!!!
Let me explain my bio to you. It is the opening dialog from the old Superman Tv show back in the 1950's with Superman's name substituted for my nickname Goobrgrl.
Even tho we stand for the same things, Goobrgrl is not really Superman.
The original dialog is below:

"Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful that a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!"
"Look! Up in the sky!"
"It's a bird!"
"It's a plane!"

"It's - SUPERMAN!" "Yes, it's Superman - strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman! Who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!"


So don't get your panties in a bunch ... *rolling eyes*. I, am not Superman. Superman was not about war, nor was that dialog suggesting such.
*takes a deep breath, here we go ...*
... he came here as a baby from the planet Krypton and when he grew up he decided to use his superhuman powers for the benefit of humanity and was ALL about helping people to overcome bad situations and saving the world from disaster and harm!
*BIG inhale, gasping for air sits up straight and puts on a smile*
So see? *cheezy grin, soft voice* ... I was not making light of all those who have died in the war in Iraq ... so calm down little buckaroo and y'all come back and see me sometime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment