Monday, May 12, 2014

Right Under My Nose


It's funny how we sometimes never notice what is right there in our face.

On the way back from my walk from Panera's, I made a pretty cool discovery. No, it wasn't the book store, I see that all the time. THIS picture is just to show you that my apartment is the white building just ahead and - I like that red tree. (smile)



On the other side of the book store and almost across from my apartment is THIS house. Cool huh? But again no, this isn't the amazing discovery! Lol. 


I have always liked the strangeness of this house tho and now that it's vacant, I decided to take a walk behind it to maybe find a window or two to peer into, and take a looksie. Unfortunately I couldn't see much but as I went further ...




... things started to get weird. First I spot this side door hanging open. I took a picture of the inside of it but it didn't come out. It was just a small, shed-like area, full of junk. Then I saw the balcony up above. Hmmm, now that could be cool but what is that below .....


It appears to be some sort of outdoor storage area - but for what?
Then a spot of green catches my eye up ahead, so I go further ...


What the heck is that? AstroTurf? And is that cement?


As I turn back around, I notice what I've just walked thru. How the heck did I miss that? A BIGGER area of cement and Astro Turf!  Could this possibly be what I think it is? 


I dunno, but I am going to find out so - off I go thru the over-grown foliage to explore!
The following pictures MAY tell you what I found ...



                                      



An unknown animal ran past me so I ran out and headed across the street to my apt. Haha!
Once there I looked the property up on Google Maps and sure enough ...

   




It's an old abandoned miniature golf course! 
It was right there under my nose for the past 9 years and I never even noticed it! 
I couldn't help but think how cool it would be if it were a functioning business, right now. 
I probably would be there ALL the time :)









4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 12, 2014

    Wow I never knew* Misty Moo Moo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either! I would love to be rich enough to renovate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU didn't know it was miniature golf? lol I think the University had it or something of the sort? I don't know for sure...We never went to play, but if I could move that rock house out to where I am or wherever I am going...I would love to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I love when that happens. Yeah, I continue to dicover stuff in my own 'hood from time to time. This post reminded me of an episode of Time Team. If you haven't seen that show... it's worth it. Someone uploaded 20 seasons up on YouTube... worth the checkout.

    ReplyDelete