Monday, January 9, 2012

Photo A Day: The one that got away.

Yes folks, this is what it looks like to have your heart
broken ...





















I decided to make a devils food cake with Dulce De Leche
frosting and I was SO excited about it, too. If you know what
Dulce De Leche is, then you know it literally takes HOURS to
make from scratch. 3-1/2 hours to be exact, not counting
the time it takes to add the other ingredients that turn it into
a frosting. Then, there's the cake to bake. All toll it took me
5-1/2 hours and then ...

Well, being the neat freak that I am I decided to wash the
bowls and utensils I used while the cake was cooling. When
all was done and as my final act before frosting my delicious
creation, and sitting here devouring it with a tall glass of milk;
I went to put the mixer back in it's place, setting
the cooling cake in the window sill. Uh, no ... not quite.

In my hurry I DROPPED the entire cake on the floor.
yes, I admit ... I had visions of scraping it all up and pressing
it back into the cake dish, lol. But good sense won, so I now
have this HUGE bowl of Dulce De Leche frosting with nothing
to spread it on. How wrong would it be to just grab a spoon ...


No comments:

Post a Comment